Lavangadi Vati is polyherbal Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form used for treating upper respiratory infections. It is demulcent, anti-inflammatory and expectorant in action. It gives relief in persistent cough, congestion and cold.
The chief ingredient of this medicine is clove. Clove has Kapha dosha balancing, antispasmodic, antiseptic and carminative properties. It reduces vata and kapha but increases pitta. It is hot in potency and commonly used to treat cold, cough, congestion, asthma, bronchitis, sore throat and indigestion. It increases blood pressure and pitta. Hence should be taken cautiously in high, pitta condition and high blood pressure.
Ingredients of Lavangadi Vati
- Laung (Syzgium aromaticum)
- Baheda (Terminalia bellirica)
- Peepal (Piper longum)
- Sagar tigal
- Kakara-shrangi (Pistacia integerrima)
- Darim-twak (Bark of Punica granatum)
- Dalchini (Cinnamomum zeylanicum)
- Khersar (Acacia catecha)
- Mulethi satva (Extract of Glycyrrhiza glabra)
- Munakka (Vitis vinifera)
- Aak ke phul (Flowers of calotrophic procera)
- kapoor (Cinnamomum camphora)