- Vitamin E: High-fat plant foods usually contain high amounts of this powerful antioxidant.
- Iron: Black olives are a good source of iron, which is important for your red blood cells to transport oxygen.
- Copper: This essential mineral is often lacking in the typical Western diet. Copper deficiency may increase your risk of heart problems.
- Calcium: The most abundant mineral in your body, calcium is essential for bone, muscle, and nerve function.
- Sodium: Most olives contain high amounts of sodium since they’re packaged in brine or saltwater.